5/24/09

Happy Birthday to Me!

My family made sure I had a great birthday - despite the fact that I had a stomach flu all day yesterday - bummer! The big family bbq I wanted had to be postponed, but we still had some fun. Dusty took me out to Tucci's in Salt Lake the night before. There was a girl there playing all my favorites on her accoustic guitar - what a treat! And of course I ordered dessert. I love a good tiramisu, and like to pretend I don't know there may be a bit of uncooked out alcohol in there. Everything in moderation, right?




And I must say, my hubby has the best taste in gift wrap, and quite the wrapping skills as well. I finally had enough energy to open my gifts last night. Dusty had them set out on the kitchen table all day and thought I must have been pretty sick if I wasn't even tempted to open them. (I was begging the night before to open one and then woke up sick at 7am. What luck!) He's got great taste too! I got everything I wanted and then some.

My Mom & Scott brought over my bday balloons since I wasn't in the mood to party. Thanks guys! And Dusty's parents came down and brought me more presents. Wahoo! I felt so bad because my Dad & Dayle had just flown in for the weekend and then I had to ruin it by getting sick. Thankfully, Natalie & Sean were up for playing host, so they ventured south to stay with them. Hopefully I'll still get my family bbq tomorrow.

Darin & Dusty made me this super cute card from the kids. I LOVED it! I think it's the cutest one yet.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't ruin anything for us. It was simply rearranged, and we had a wonderful time, despite feeling so sorry for you. Happy Birthday again, and we'll see you for Sean's birthday in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! I totally forgot how close our b-days are together! And may I say you look absultely AMAZING (even in your "sick" picture)!! Looks like you guys are keeping busy and having fun.....sorry to say, but I hate lagoon anymore, I'm getting lamer as I get older so the rides make me sick. ANywho, love dustin's taste with the wrapping paper, etc. My husband doesn't enjoy that kind of stuff! =)

    ReplyDelete