9/2/10

The Apple does not fall far...

No, no it doesn't.  So I picked Jack up after school today and was driving him to an appointment when I remembered he was the "Star of the Day" today at school.  We had made him a poster yesterday to take to class and I was curious how his little moment went and what his friends thought of his pictures and favorite things.  So I began quizzing him about his day and how things had gone.  He was acting quite sullen and said that his friends didn't say anything about the poster.  He said they just sat there and looked at him while Mrs. Sessions showed it to the class.  Then he showed me how they "looked at him" and pulled a boring, straight face with his lips pursed.  He then told me Mrs. Sessions hung the poster between Brance's & Heber's (Jack was the 2nd in the pm class to have a turn), and that was it.  So I kept asking, "Didn't anyone say anything?  Like 'nice pictures, Jack', or 'I like Phineas & Ferb too' or 'that's awesome'?"  He said no and that everyone was just saying "booooo" to his poster and "yay!" to Brance's.  He told me Mrs. Sessions turned everyone's discipline cards from green to yellow for making fun of his poster, except the boys that sit at his table - they weren't making fun.

I was astonished at this story and about ready to cry for my little boy that people were booing his poster (and voiced this to him), when he shouted with a big smile, "JUST KIDDING!  Everyone liked it."  We then had a good laugh together and I called him a little poop.  He has never tricked me that good - his stories are getting better and better with age.  I COULD NOT BELIEVE that my five year old carried on so long with a sad story without a twinge or hint that he was joking.

So like father, like son.  Dusty does this to me ALL the time, but I can usually see through his stories - not Jack's.  Guess I'm in for it over the years as Dusty can still pull over a good one on his Mom.  I guess that's what boys like to do to their mothers - TEASE!

6 comments:

  1. That story was making me sad!! What a stinker. :) I'm glad that it wasn't true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute now! Wait til he's a teenager and tells you these stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute story Monika! Sons are so much fun to joke around with huh! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a smartie isn't he? I am glad that story isn't true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny! I am also glad that it was not true though...I always am wondering where kids come up with these funny things, now it makes sense ha ha.
    Your blog is way cute by the way! Thanks for the invite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Update your blog, lady! I want to see some pictures of Logan! I bet he's getting big!

    ReplyDelete