4/12/09

Easter Weekend

Saturday we enjoyed a whirlwind of Easter traditions with the kids. We saw the Easter Bunny at the mall, dyed eggs, decorated sugar cookies, and made hot cross buns for Sunday's dinner. The kids both ended up with colorful hands, but had lots of fun.






Halle's been pulling this face lately for anyone who will "watch". She even said, "watch dinner" the other night and made the face to her plate. She thinks it's pretty funny. Dusty even caught her in her crib making the face to no one when he went to get her after her nap yesterday. What a funny girl.


Hot cross buns...mmmm!
(It's my favorite recipe - you can find it on Martha Stewart's website.)

My yummy cookies

When 3 year olds dress themselves...(Dusty actually took him to the store like this last night and was a bit embarrassed from all the looks.) I was just happy that Dust took care of bathtime and pjs so I could clean up the kitchen.

And Halle decided to take a nose dive out of her high chair last night because she didn't want to eat. These independent little people are going to be the cause of my insanity!
Easter Morning



Dusty was pretty bummed he didn't get his own basket this year. :(







Mee-maw & Halpal

Big Jack (Dusty's Uncle) & Little Jack

On the hunt...

After the hunt...

Halle got this cute little Tinker Bell backpack from Grandpa & Mee-maw. She thinks she's big enough to go to school now so off she went, telling us "Bye".

There she goes...

We had a great holiday. Jack gave his first talk in Primary today. It was called "Jesus Christ is my Savior". He did great! He spoke clearly, had half of it memorized and never yelled into the microphone like I was anticipating. We are so proud of him! I taught an Easter lesson to the young women at Church too and that went well. Then tonight we hosted a big dinner with family that was lots of fun. We're so thankful for all we've been blessed with and thankful to know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He did atone for our sins. We know He lives today and are so thankful for the gospel in our lives. And as Jack said in his prayer tonight, "It was a beautiful day!"

3 comments:

  1. Monika,

    Your kids are gorgeous, darling, cute as a button, shall I go on?

    You made some good-looking cookies too and if you are still using the same recipe as you did from college, I know they are dang good!

    You are amazing and must be exhausted. Thanks for being a "superstar" Mom! Your kids are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are great and the kids are so cute. I find I wait on holiday nights for grandkids photos to pop up on facebook or the blogs. You must have been up late. I labeled your photo with the cookies, Monika Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MONIKA!!! You guys seriously need to be titled cutest/perfect family of the year!!! Your all just ADORABLE. LOVED halle's and jack's easter clothes. and halle's hair....to die for!!! and jack seems like he's doing much better, as for conner, I think he's going more down hill than he was before. I seriously don't know how to control him. And loved the dressing himself picture! conner refuses to be a BIG boy lately and so I am pushing for him to dress himself and next I think we may try for the potty. He just has no desire to use it and I'm getting FRUSTRATED!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! anywho, I know you can sympathize with me, so please do! =) We miss you guys! conner is always talking about Jack and how he wants to walk over to his house....that would be one long walk.

    ReplyDelete