9/28/09

As Sisters in Zion...



I attended the LDS General Relief Society Meeting this past Saturday with my Mom, Dusty's Mom, Marie & her Mom.  It was fun to go together and hear the uplifting messages.  I'm always amazed at how a sudden hush falls over the masses the moment the prophet enters the room.  There is just such a special spirit about him and I love to get to see him in person.  He so sweetly waived to each of us as he left the conference center after the meeting.  My favorite part of the evening was when the choir sang "As Sisters in Zion".  It's one of my favorite hymns and they sang it so beautifully!  Way to go Cathryn & Tiff!  You're my heroes.

As sisters in Zion, we’ll all work together;
The blessings of God on our labors we’ll seek.
We’ll build up his kingdom with earnest endeavor;
We’ll comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.

The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity’s name.

How vast is our purpose, how broad is our mission,
If we but fulfill it in spirit and deed.
Oh, naught but the Spirit’s divinest tuition
Can give us the wisdom to truly succeed.

Love it.  I also loved Henry B. Eyring's message.  Charity never faileth.  So simple, yet so profound.  Just a great reminder to keep the gospel simple.  “But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.” (Moro. 7:46–47.)
"Charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things" (Moroni 7:45; 1 Corinthians 13:4–7).

What a wonderful motto for what our great organization of Relief Society is all about.  Looking forward to General Conference this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering why you were taking pictures. You were going to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't turn out so hot, but I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monika, you are an AMAZING person!!!! Always so positive and sharing such a strong testimony with everyone! and yes I LOVE the friends website.....we do it every single sunday!!!! Hope you guys are doing good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to get to attend in person and feel the full strength of the Spirit. I hope we can come up for General Conference in April.

    Yep...it is about Charity! Judgment rests with the Savior and we get to let things go and "love one another." :)

    ReplyDelete