Dust and I decided to take the kids to SLC for the night and head to the Larry Miller Christmas sing-a-long. Usually we think stuff like this is lame, and it did take some convincing on my part to get Dusty to come, but all in all it was a fun night. Truthfully, we went for the free hotdogs (too bad Dusty & his Mom had to wait in line for an hour to get them!) and the Front Runner ride. The kids loved riding the train and had fun with both Grandmas.
My favorite part of the night was hearing John Schmidt play Taylor Swift's Love Story song...along with Viva la Vida. Ya, I'm a Taylor Swift fan. Can't 30 year olds like Taylor Swift too? And I loved when his daughter sang "Where are you Christmas" while he played. Soooo stinkin cute. Halle loves that song too as she's watched The Grinch all year long. Jack's favorite part of the evening was the popcorn - I think he downed most of the tub by himself. And I can tell Santa has made a few too many appearances in his life this season as he didn't even look up from Uncle Jeremy's video game when Santa came out to greet the children. Wow....
We also captured a great video of Halle saying Happy Birthday to Santa and then of her picking her nose for a full minute, but for some reason Blogger doesn't have a video upload anymore, so I'm going to have to tinker with that. Anyway, enjoy the pics!
Dear Melynda,
5 months ago

Sometimes the lame things are the most memorable. Thanks for all the wonderful photos of you and the kids!
ReplyDelete