3/9/10

Jack's First Testimony

Jack, Grandma JoJo and I went to a baby blessing for Dusty's cousin this past Sunday.  There were quite a few kids getting up to bear their testimonies and I could see in Jack's eyes that he wanted to go too.  He asked and I told him he could go up, but that he'd have to go by himself.  I then quickly reviewed with him what was appropriate to say and off he went.

Before he could make it up to the microphone, an elderly gentleman got up and proceeded to bear about a five minute long testimony.  Jack stood patiently at the side of the podium by the stairs, hoping to get his turn.  When his time came he cooly took the stand without looking the least bit nervous in front of a couple hundred people.  He said he'd like to bear his testimony.  He said he loved his Mom & Dad, and his sister Halle, and his cousin Gavin.  He said he was thankful for the gospel, and loved Heavenly Father and Jesus, and then closed in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.  It was sooo sweet and heartfelt.  He said nothing I had told him, so I know it came all from his heart.  It made me choke up to see my little 4 1/2 year old up there all by himself, acting so grown up.  He seemed like a teenager up there - and it was so amazing to me that he's just in preschool, and yet so confident, and full of love and leadership.  He is truly an amazing boy and we are so blessed to have him in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow.....I can't even get conner to go up in primary to give his talk!!! I always end up giving it for him!! You guys must be setting a pretty good example for him to know what to say and even want to get up there to bare his testimony!!!! Very cool mr. Jack!!

    Keep up the good work!! =)

    ReplyDelete