1/4/09

Jack's First Day of Primary

Our little Jack has graduated from Nursery to Primary and can now go in with the big kids at Church. I tried to just put him in his chair and run today, but he wanted me to stay with him. So I sat in a tiny chair with him on my lap exclaiming the whole first hour how tired he was. I quote, "I just wanna go home to my house and take a snooze." See we Mormons like to make good use of our buildings, so we house three wards in one Church building wherever possible. This means you get to rotate what time you go to Church each year - 9, 11 or 1. 11am is the coveted time, but unfortunately, this year we go at 1pm...smack dap in the middle of naptime. It's so wonderful. Hopefully we'll get the hang of it.

Anyhow, the primary children were learning a new song today called 'The Family is of God'. The chorus says, "God gave us families, to help us become, what he wants us to be!" Jack caught on really quick to the words, and then added his own lyric at the end, shouting "I wanna be Peter Pan!" Lots of giggles followed that one, which is why he kept repeating it, I'm sure.

By the end of the first hour he said, "You can leave now Mommy. Get outta my chair and go to your class." So I left and did just that...I'm glad he at least needed me for a little while. I feel like my little boy is 3 going on 30!

6 comments:

  1. ahhh sis I feel your pain - 1pm church is NOT made with the little nappers in mind. We had that last year and I think we were at close to 50% activity. But this year we have 9am (even better than 11am I think - not like we get to sleep in w/ these little peeps anyhow) I'm SO excited and loved church yesterday. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those memories of little ones in Primary....I remember your first day, Monika. You got a little yellow crown with gold tinsel on it and a smiley face sunbeam. We took your picture. Maybe I should go find it, so you can add it to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be so glad you wrote that down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you put the song on your blog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little boy!! We have a little one who started Sunbeams too and she was only to happy to see us leave. I thought she would at least be a LITTLE nervous!
    Bye the way, your kids are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Atleast he told you to go away....conner's first day of sunbeams (which also was of course his first day in our new ward) he cried almost the whole time and so I stayed in the entire sharing and class time. So the next week I told conner I had to go to the bathroom half way through sharing time and he told me he wanted to come with me, but I told him I'd be right back. so I really did come back in, but he looked ok, so I snuck back out. Is that considered lying.....I really did go back in....

    anywho, hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete