1/15/09

A New Bedroom

So we've had a king-size bed for awhile now, with no matching furniture or appropriately sized bedspread. In November I decided to sell my hard earned, queen-sized, Rio Grande bedroom furniture from Pier 1. The proceeds nearly paid for a brand new king-size bedroom set from Ikea. We were also lucky enough to receive this awesome sketch of the Logan Temple from my Mom/Mike & Brad/Maren for Christmas, the curtains & rod from my Dad & Dayle (who gave us a Target giftcard-wahoo!), and the black bench to complete the set from Dusty & his parents.

And of course I need to thank my wonderful husband for giving up his Saturday (and let's be honest-most of his Sunday too) to repaint the bedroom. It looks awesome and I've been enjoying it so much. The best part is the comforter. It's a bit warm, but ever since I saw Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music searching for spiders in her bed by flipping back her all-in-one-comforter (with no top sheet)...I have desperately wanted one. And now that I'm nearly 30, I finally got one. I love it because it's easy to make the bed, you don't lose half your sheet to your sweetie in the middle of the night, and if you want a new look, you just change out the duvet. I also love Ikea, which provides such luxury for a low price.

Anyway, enjoy the pics.



Here's me being Julie Andrews...


9 comments:

  1. Love it Monika! I love the black bench too. I have one that goes with my dining table. Tell jack to not make the comfoter green! jk Good job on the painting Dusty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay....now I get the deal with you lifting the corner of the duvet and having me snap a picture...remember, you wouldn't explain at the time. So for the rest who may read this, I got the tour of the new bedroom a couple of days ago, and it is perfect...it could be in a magazine! Dusty and Monika are great decorators, and it's comfy and functional too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dusty Dusty
    Do you not know the link between football and Sundays? Tsk tsk. The Eagles once won a playoff game when hometeachers came early just before overtime against the Packers. The Eagles won because of me! The Eagles won last Sunday because I went to church during the game. And if they win this Sunday, it will because of me going to church during the game again. Who knows, maybe the Bronco gods knew you would paint on a Sunday.....just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monika! I LOVE your new bedroom!!!! You always have SUCH GOOD taste.....I soooooooo want black bedroom furniture, but alas we still have our furniture from when we lived at our parents houses. We are poor/cheap and lance seems to think that we do not need any bedroom furniture. AHHHH!!!! oh well... hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty sad that we live 1 block away and I have to see your room on your blog. It is great! And that duvet thing is so European. Stephanie is the same way, but it's because she spent her summers in Europe. Oh what a life. I love it. And it is so you and Dusty. Simple yet elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Don't you just love redecorating? It makes everything feel so new and fantastic. It looks really good. We have black bedroom furniture too...beware the dust and fingerprints! I almost got a black crib for Savannah--glad we went with the white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. I am afriad I am decorating challenged.

    ReplyDelete