And now...
Dusty took me up to Logan this past weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We went to the Logan Temple first, which is such a favorite of mine. The minute we walked in we were asked if we wanted to do sealings (how fitting!). We agreed and as we were walking past the front desk, Dust leaned over and whispered, "Maybe we could come back tomorrow and do a regular session?" Who says that? Who is this man and where did my first husband go? Ha. I just smiled and squeezed his hand. What a cutie!
After the temple, we went to Hamilton's for dinner. Yum! I love that place. And after that, a little shopping (where Dusty said he died a little because I took so long at Old Navy) and a movie back at our hotel where I forced Dusty to eat half a Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake with me. Again, Yum! What a guy. We had a great time together. I was laughing all weekend and was thinking, "Who am I and why I am I so giggly?" Ohhh...I finally realized...I don't have two kids hanging off me!
I wish I'd made notes or journaled about all the changes I've seen in Dusty over the years. He has come so far since we first met and grown into such a wonderful man who I truly respect and adore. If I could sum it all up, I would just say that I have watched him slowly give up one thing after another, or change one behavior after another, with an amazing capacity for committment. It seems like I decide I want to change something about myself, and keep deciding it over and over without any real action or noticeable change. Dusty doesn't have that problem. How would that be??? It's been so fun to watch him make little changes over the years and I'm at such a loss for words to describe my amazement with him. He is truly a leader and a wonderful example to me. Happy Anniversary, Babe! I feel like the luckiest woman in the world!

What a wonderful post, Monika. I'm so happy that your marriage continues to grow strong. It is always a process...the key is commitment, especially to the covenants made in the Temple.
ReplyDeleteThis is from my mom. She couldn't log on, so she sent it to me.
ReplyDeleteYour blog was soooo sweet that it made me cry. Then as it scrolled down I was bawling. It was so beautiful and precious. I loved how you expressed yourself and your feelings about your husband and your family.
We haven't been brought up that way but it's surely a way that we can adopt. But because we didn't do it that way, it doesn't occur to us that we can say those nice things about each other. I do in a personal way, like to Rie and all my kids. And my husband as he does things. Usually on Sunday or the things pop into my mind to tell him. Or i get them in the temple and run home and tell him. So it was really touching to me to hear how you do it so naturally and so lovely.
Thank you so much for sharing that with me. It was so thoughtful of you to remember me. I felt it a great privilege. I love the pictures of your kids and you both. love Carole