This year's theme for Primary was "My Eternal Family". The kids have learned some really cute songs and wonderful things each month to help them understand that families are a gift from God and that we can be together forever. Jack has been practicing his part: "Adam & Eve were the first family" for weeks now and had it memorized perfectly. This was the first year he's been old enough to participate in the program and absolutely loved it. Thankfully, he didn't shout into the microphone, but said his part nice and clear. He loves the two new songs they learned this year as well: My Eternal Family, and The Family is of God. He sang them with gusto today. Great job, Jack! We're so proud of you.
I was recently called to serve in the Primary, so naturally had to sit with the kids today during the program. And wouldn't you know it - I couldn't even make it through one song without tearing up. These young children are so sweet and innocent and have such faith. They sing about such simple gospel truths that always hit a tender note with me. Children are such a good reminder of how simple it is to follow God's plan. Just love God and love others, right? That's what it's all about. I know that families are forever. I'm so thankful to have been blessed with such a beautiful family of my own. I love them so much and hope I can teach my little children all that Heavenly Father wants them to know so we can be together again one day.

No comments:
Post a Comment