The last couple of weeks have been crazy - filled with unpacking boxes, hanging pictures, getting used to which light switches do what, calling our foreman to come back and fix things, getting utilities all set up and squared away, putting things together, meeting neighbors, endless laundry, I've been working textbook buyback up at WSU the past two weeks ( 7am -6pm pretty much...ahhh!), and oh ya, taking lots of bubble baths in our new jetted tub. I'm glad to have things slow down this coming week and finally finish putting the house together. And I'm sure the kids will be glad to have me home too! (I know I will be!)
So, back to Easter...I ran to Walmart Saturday night hoping to find some sort of treats for the kids' baskets. They were pretty much out - great. Thankfully my Mom had stashed away some chocolate bunnies and chocolate covered marshmallow eggs (mmm, my favorite!), and Grandma JoJo came through with a few toys. Now...you know your kids are spoiled when they wake up Easter morning, see their baskets, and say, "That's it?" Ya, that was Jack. Nice. Dusty came back with, "What, that silver spoon leaving a bad taste in your mouth?" I would say something like - geez, kids these days! But really, it's us parents. Guess we'll have to give them less! Maybe a Christmas or two with no presents would do the trick.
This is Dusty's traditional "Man!?! The kids got a basket on Easter morning and I didn't?" face that he pulls every year. You may think he's joking, but it's pretty serious.
Jack's favorite item was a rooster that "pooped" gumballs. Clever. We got some fun videos of it, but sadly, you can't upload video to blogger anymore. Unless I'm mistaken - if I am, please someone tell me!
We died some eggs so we could say we did. The kids liked it. I didn't have any vinegar or lemon juice so had to squeeze the juice from a couple of lemons I happened to have in order to get the color to take. It made for some fun little pulp specks on the eggs. Quite artistic if I do say so myself.
Here we are at Grami Sue & Papa Mike's for dinner and another Easter egg hunt. Daners & Halpal were surveying their treats.
And the "big kids" playing Carmen's DS. (Halle calls her little toddler cd player her DS and I think it's kinda funny.)
Jackers on the hunt.
Colie made this super cute cake for the get together...
Here's Jack looking quite dapper, and it appears as though Halle is jealous of the attention...can't remember, she pulls that face a lot. Anyway, hope you all had a happy Easter! We sure did.

No comments:
Post a Comment