4/24/10

5 Mile

Sean & Nicole invited us to join them on a camping trip to 5 Mile last weekend (out past Eagle Mountain).  They have a trailer, dune buggy & 4-wheeler (all the fun toys!) and we were so excited to go with!  We had a fun experience when we arrived as Jack couldn't quite make it to the camper with a #2.  Tears ensued.  Half a box of wipes later, and a bag toss full of clothes out into nature, Jack was all set for the night in a new set of duds.  We tried to make him feel better by telling him that Daddy did this as a teenager, and had to walk through a mall to buy a new pair of jeans, and that was much more embarrassing than being 4 and having an accident out in the woods.  I think it helped a little.  And SOAP & water helped me to feel better after that ordeal.

Anyway, we had tons of fun riding and hanging out with Sean, Colie, Carmen & Dane.  We've needed a relaxing little get away like that for quite some time.  The first ride Dusty & I took when we got there felt like a little date.  We were so excited to be together, away from kids, for 10 minutes that I squealed with delight as he drove me through the sage brush and trees like a mad man.  Super fun!  Then we came back and made smores.  Mmm.

We did have one little catastrophe just before we left...Halle was climbing down the bunkbed ladder backwards and fell off - she hit her chin and bottom tooth on the metal back of the couch and split her tooth down to the gum - a shard was hanging off until we could get it fixed the day after we got back.  Poor girl.  I'll do another post about this later.  She ended up getting a crown, and  braces on her bottom teeth to hold it in for a month or so.  :(  It wasn't cheap either.  Double boo.  Oh, and we broke our camera (I had it in my back pocket and sat on it.  Time for another one!  Triple boo.  This was an expensive little trip.

But on the BRIGHT side, we really did have an AWESOME time and hope they invite us again soon!  Especially since they just bought another dune buggy on Monday!  Ya! 

2 comments:

  1. um I haven't checked my blogs for awhile and then come onto your yours with severe overload!! JK =) although I really am starting to wonder about me as a parent. FIrst off, I have not gotten conner ready for kindergarten yet, he has not been to the dr's checkup yet, doesn't know how to read, or write, counting only to 20 and what the heck is a BLEND?!??!?!? I swear this preschool is hardly teaching him anything......or is it his parents?!?!!? Monika, I seriously wish I could be more like you!! You are perfect in my eyes (I know you may not agree, but I think so!!)

    and as for your camping trip sounds like so much fun, sorry for the expensive fun you had though and all the problems. If it makes you feel better about jack having 1 accident {in like how many years though??}, conner has them ALL the time. #1's though, luckily!!

    anywho, I hope all is well and when you get all settled, I would LOVE to see pics of the house!!! I'm sure it's amazing and you decorate so dang good!! can't wait. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you need to invest in something like this so you can go whenever you want and de stress for the weekend, or take the family & get away at least! (Get Dusty out of the house for a bit!! J/K) Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete