Sometimes I lay next to one of the kids to help them fall asleep. Tonight it was Halle. Those precious 10 minutes (or sometimes 30) are often the best of the day. It's funny to me how different my kids are. Jack just wants me to lay next to him so he knows I'm there. Talking is okay, but definitely no cuddling, and he detests my singing - he's Mr. Tough Guy. Halle is so innately girly and nurturing and loves all things feminine. She wants me to sing to her or with her (she'll tell me which) and sometimes asks me if I want to be the little lady and she'll be the mama.
And we can't just sing any song...we have to sing The Family is of God (the WHOLE thing), Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star using the word "where" in place of "what" for some reason. She is such a sweet (and bossy) little girl and I just love to hear her little voice - even when she's telling me what to do.
Tonight she said, "I want a baby to sleep with, Mama." So she got up and picked out a baby doll. Then she diligently searched for its pillow and blanky and came back to her bed. She laid the baby down on its own pillow, gently covered it with its blanky, and said, "It's okay baby, Mama's gonna take care of you." Then she turned to me and said, "She needs her Mama." She laid down next to her and after a few songs Halle was out. Cute cute. I had to write it down so I don't forget someday.

monika, monika, monika!!! You have truly outdone yourself!!! Your HOUSE, the CAKE, your adorable little HALLE!!! I mean seriously, how much better can you get. I seriously LOVE your house. I can almost smell the new carpet and paint smell through the photos!! and as I imagined you decorated it just perfectly and the LAUNDRY ROOM is to DIE for!! anywho, before I make myself any more envious I will sign off now. Hope you are doing well!!! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeletevery cute story and such descriptive words, I think we have a Monika-in-the-making
ReplyDelete