2/9/10

Blind Date Memoirs

Dusty and I celebrated the 8th anniversary of our first date last night.  We were set up on a blind date on Feb. 8th of 2002.  On our first date, we went to Chili's for dinner, went bowling with another couple, and then watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics (in SLC that year).  We still try to make it to Chili's and go bowling every year on this date (because we're so sentimental!).  This year my Dad & Dayle happened to be in town so we invited them and my little brother, Scotty, to join us for the night.

We had tons of fun, and as you can see from our bowling scores below, I didn't do too shabby...came in 2nd place anyway (at least on the first round).  I won't post the 2nd round scores.  On our first date, I had two strikes in a row going and bet Dusty a dollar I could get a third.  I won that night, but wasn't so lucky yesterday.  I did get two in a row though!  Anyway, we all had a ball together!

3 comments:

  1. wow, you guys are very SENTIMENTAL!!! I don't remember the date of our first date, but I do remember what we did. We went to the Egyptian theatre to hear the symphony play for a homework assignment I had in one of my classes!! wow, aren't we cool?!??!?!? anywho, as to your comment on my pants situation......you are so dang sweet and no I did not keep all my pants with holes in them, taht picture is from off the internet!!!! =) and no you do not need to send me a pair of your pants!!! I mean if I do recall from one of our many walks though that you had kept a lot of your clothes from college that you didn't wear anymore, so if you are feeling super giving and friendly, I totally don't mind hand-me-downs!!! But I so totally want you to spend money to send me a pair of pants because I am too cheap to go buy a new pair, because I go over my budget every month anyways. So I just need to save a few pennies and then I can get a new pair of jeans (when it's summer!!). anywho, love the pics and miss chili's!!! I don't know if they even have one out here, oh well, it's not like we go out to dinner much anyways. Plus they have an OLIVE GARDEN so I'm set!!! Hope you have a GREAT day!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also went bowling on our first date! At the good ol' "Jogan Janes." It was a group date, and we "UNO" bowled. Have we talked about that before? Anyway, fun stuff, though we don't do it every November 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! I love the pics of your house too! Can't wait to see it. Our parents are so cute together!!

    ReplyDelete