2/14/10

Valentine's Happenings

My Mom, sister, and I got together Thursday to make Valentine's sugar cookies.  I think we made well over 100 and they turned out yummy.  I delivered some to friends and sent some to Jack's preschool party on Friday for the kids to decorate.  I ended up getting sick Thursday night and was unable to deliver the rest. :(  Thankfully though, the boys in our family made sure the cookies didn't go to waste.  Sorry friends if you didn't get a delivery!
Here's Jack with his special box he made for preschool.  He brought it home Friday filled with Valentines from all of his friends.  Thanks for the fun decorating idea, Aunt Rie!  I'm just sad I didn't get to make it to his party.
We've had a quiet and relaxing Valentine's Day. I've spent the weekend at my Mom's recovering, with Halle at my side. She's been so sweet and helping to take care of Mommy Joy (as she's been calling me recently - I think it's because I call her Halle Joy, not because she actually knows that's my middle name). Dusty and Jack made it to church today with Grandpa & Grandma and then came over for a visit. We all exchanged fun holiday candy and are now finishing off the evening with a good dinner and some sappy romance movies. It was good to see my boys today. They are so cute! And Jack really looked dapper today in his church clothes. He made me a cute Valentine that had a smiley face heart on it and wrote, "To Mom, Love Jack" all by himself. He is such a thoughtful boy. I sure love my Sweetheart and two cuties and couldn't be more thankful for them in my life. They make me smile!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, how sweet. Keep those boys around. Your little Jack must be pretty bright to write you a note. Your cookies looked delicious and I can just taste them now, thinking back to all of our college cookie memories (I never liked sugar cookies till I met you or should I say, tasted your cookies)

    ReplyDelete