10/31/08

Happy Halloween!

I got up this morning and tried to be a good Mom by making pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes for the kids. Jack helped.



Then Jack and I finally tackled pumpkin carving while Halle and Daddy napped. I attempted Tinkerbell, but my knife wasn't small enough, so we turned it around and did a traditional Jack-o-Lantern. Jack thought it was pretty fun, but didn't want to touch the pumpkin goop. He was all about using the knife.

Then we baked pumpkin seeds.

And wrapped my famous sugar cookies for deliveries.

We went to the Marriott first to "get candy from the ladies" as Jack likes to say (they give him candy all the time, regardless of whether or not there's a holiday). Then Peter and Tinkerbell tried trick or treating at Mee-maw & G-pas. Here she is hanging out on their steps enjoying some dots.
She was a big fan!


And Grandpa thought she was the cutest little Tinkerbell ever!


Our Pretty Little Tinkerbell

Here's Hal with Grami Sue.


And cousin Carmen as Ariel. She even sang for us!


Uncle Sean & Dane the Lion

My little "Peta" Pan as he likes to say. He told me today he was my Halloween Boy.


Here's Jack taking MORE than one piece.

And sitting in the window waiting for Wendy's stories. Actually he was raiding his Halloween spoils.

Aunt Colie & Carmen

We finished off the night trick or treating at Dar & Rie's. They were all dressed up as a Star Wars family. Here's G, Jack & Hal in the best shot we could get.


Here's Hal enjoying her 4th sucker of the evening.

Even though Dust and I didn't feel that great today, the kids had a lot of fun. And surprisingly, after all the sugar we let them eat, there were no meltdowns tonight during the bedtime routine. Amazing! And they went right to sleep! Now it's time for us to enjoy the silence and go watch a movie.
Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids costumes are always the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monika, I wish we lived in different time zones so I could have read that and been a good mom too, making chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes! Yum! AND you baked cookies!?! You are too much! I'm just glad Sylvester doesn't read blogs, then he'd realize he got the short end of the stick! Glad you guys had a fun Halloween, wasn't the weather perfect? Adorable trick-or-treaters you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect Halloween! The kids look so cute as Peter Pan and Tinkerbell!

    ReplyDelete