10/5/08

SL's 67th Bday

We spent the day with Dusty's Dad for his 67th bday
(September 30th). Dust finally talked him into a birthday ride
on his new motorcycle.

Dusty, Grandpa Merner, & Jackey Boy

Who's driving this thing?

They had a ball!

We took a drive up Logan Canyon on our way to Franklin, Idaho. Sherm loves getting a fresh set of lottery tickets, so our customary gift to him (for every occasion) includes the fun drive & dinner in Logan. He gets the tickets, and occasionally we get some scratch & lose games.


Halpal in the car...having fun with MeeMaw JoJo.

La Tienda, in Franklin...the usual place of debauchery.

The happy couple...almost 45 years of marital bliss!

Halpal hoarding my drink!


Jack & his kid's meal that he didn't touch. Good thing it was kid's night and he ate for free...or at least drank the lemonade I suppose.

Daralina enjoying his beans.


We took Shermer to Cafe Sabor in Logan. They have the best Arroz con Camarones. It's a rice & shrimp dish with peppers, onions, mushrooms & cheese in a tomato sauce. It's sooo good. I first fell in love with it at Esther's in Republic, Wa. Glad I could talk Sherm into it for his bday! He loves shrimp too; although he wasn't too happy about the birthday serenade & ceremonial sombrero wearing.

Shermer & his wingding cake. His Mom used to make it for him. It's a yellow cake with chocolate chips & chocolate frosting. He laughs everytime he talks about his Mom's though. He says it was falling apart all over and held together with toothpicks.

Happy Birthday SL!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I've been to Cafe Sabor. Maybe Tiff and I should give it a try on our next Logan trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok that girl is simply captivating :)

    ReplyDelete