Rie, I’m copying your Hubby Tag, even though I wasn’t tagged! I thought it would be fun to document the history and memories. Now remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Okay, so now we’re talking about little Duster here…and me I guess.
1-where did you meet? We were set up on a blind date by our mutual friend, Melanie Dominguez, on February 8, 2002 (the night of the opening ceremony of the SLC Winter Olympics). For our date we went to Chili’s, went bowling at Hilltop Lanes in South Ogden, and then watched the Olympics back at Chev & Mel’s house. Good times. We still try to do this every February 8th, minus the Olympics watching.
2-how long did you date before you got married? 8 months
3-how long have you been married? 6 years
4-what is your favorite feature of his? His voluptuous bum. (He gets it from the Stolbombs…little Halpal (lucky girl) inherited it.
5-what is your favorite quality of his? His Loyalty. He never speaks negatively about me to others and he’s never commented on any other woman’s attractiveness but my own. What a guy!
6-does he have a nickname for you? Sweetie and many others I’m too embarrassed to mention.
7-what is his favorite food? Pepperoni Pizza
8-what is his favorite sport? To watch – football. To do – snowboarding.
9-when and where was your first kiss? February 9th, 2002 - early in the morning at my work parking garage in downtown SLC. We’d had a long night of 20 questions (including me checking his collar to see if he wore garments…he said, “Nope, just a T-shirt.”) Anyway, I knew he wanted a kiss before he left so I said, “Come’er ya dork!”
10-what is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Go to the temple, go for drives with corndogs, or watch a chick flick (Dust indulges me).
11-do you have kids? Two so far, Jack (3) and Halle (1)…we may have another one or two in the future if God and our patience allow.
12-does he have a hidden talent? He has a way of being a silent leader. I’ve seen him reach out to many of his friends in quiet and simple ways and I know that many admire him, even though he’d deny it.
13-how old is he? 33
14-who said "I love you" first? I did, just hours after I told him it was too soon to be saying such things. Then he said, "Did you say something?" He hadn't heard me, so there was a little drama there.
15-what is his favorite type of music? Shoot, I don’t know…I just don’t know my music well. He likes mostly everything. Some obnoxious stuff, but mostly things I enjoy as well.
16-what do you admire the most about him? How he takes care of his parents…and me! That’s why I fell in love with him – he treated me so well.
17-do you think he will read this? I know it.
18-i tag: julie, erin, stacey, bri, natalie, jayanne and sarah
Dear Melynda,
5 months ago

I'm glad you copied me. It is fun to get to know one another, and I would have never thought that is how you feel about Dusty. I want to know why you think of him when you read the Twilight series as Jacob. Is it because he is sweat boy and looses his temper easily? Hmmmm....
ReplyDeleteYes everyone, Dusty is my Jacob. He rescued me and loves me for me...and I can totally be my geeky self with him and he still thinks I'm beautiful. And I was very upset with how the Twilight series ended. I am a Jacob fan thru and thru!
ReplyDeleteMonika,
ReplyDeleteIt's been forever! I love all the photos you posted. Your kids are just ADORABLE!!! and you are just the CUTEST family EVER! No one can compare to you. =)
And may I say my honey is a mixture of Edward and Jacob...although may I say that he was hotter when we first got married. JK. I guess that's just what happens when we all get married, right?!?! And I LOVED the way the book ended, happily ever after!!!!
I'll get going on all my tags, when I have 2 minutes to myself! right now, eric's in his highchair eating grahm crackers and conner is hitting him, so gotta run!
As I was reading this, not knowing that you were going to tag me, I was thinking... Hmmm, do I know the answer to that one? What would I say there? Well, now I'm going to have to figure it out!
ReplyDelete