10/12/08

Baby it's Cold Outside!

Well I can thank Barry Manilow for the title of this blog entry. His version of the above is one of my favorite Christmas songs, my favorite being Silver Bells. So we woke up on this our anniversary morning to a big surprise outside! 6 years ago today it was a beautiful autumn day. And today, I didn't know whether to plug in our electric window pumpkin or play Christmas music in anticipation...

Jack was in heaven as he's been walking around in his winter gloves for days now anyway. He was so excited to put on his 2T (and too small) snowsuit to go out and throw a few snowballs. Halle was pretty bummed that she didn't have a snowsuit. So sad.



And of course since it's our anniversay, I was not cooking. And since it's Sunday, we didn't want to go out. So we ended up resorting to cocoa, marshmallows and peanut butter toast for dinner. What a good mom am I! Halle has now added the word "cocoa" to her vocabulary. She decided she liked it, even though she said, "Uh-uh" the first couple times I offered it to her. I think she liked the dipping part the best.


And Jack, once again, was in heaven as he drank the whole cup of hot chocolate and ate several marshmallows - no toast. Needless to say, we paid for this fun meal choice all night as he jumped from couch to couch, and on me, while we watched Iron Man (the best movie of the year!). I kept telling him not to jump on Mommy because I was a delicate flower. He thought that was pretty funny and giggled all evening while repeating the word "delicate" thinking he was pretty smart.


5 comments:

  1. Girl you always bring a smile to my face :) Happy Anniversary!!! our snow is all gone :( didn't last more than a few hours ... but drew went out first thing in the morning and when I picked up a handful he tried to "blow" it away (like bubbles lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fun! Did you bear your testimony about Iron Man? And Thanks for the eggs you made Darin's night. I have some to replace yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie.....I love it!!! Monika, you are seriously too good to be true! I'm going to have to stop reading your blog because you are just too darn cute (and making me just jealous!). Yes, conner too had to go out in the snow although I made him wait until after church (which is now at 1:00) and he doesn't even have his snow stuff so grandma pyne had a size 2T coat (funny how we both had 2T's) that was definitely SNUG on. But oh well it worked for what he wanted. And I LOVED your cute anniversary pictures. You guys are seriously the cutest couple....and have the cutest KIDS! so um what heck.....a NEW CAR?!?!?! When did this happen and what is it?!?!? I'm allready so out of everything. I HATE this moving thing! =( and wow to the timbermine, isn't that a pretty pricey place? and um salmon, YUCK! oh well it's good for you. Anywho, looked like a GREAT way to celebrate your anniversary. Hope it was a GOOD one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make that dinner look good I think I want Peanut butter toast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man! i am sooo not ready for snow here yet! i'm so glad we didn't get it. i love the snow pics of lil' jsack though. hot chocolate is one of the best things invented though! yum!

    ReplyDelete