11/5/08

High School Tag

1. Did you date someone in high school? Who didn't I date? Just kidding. There weren't too many to pick from, but I did "go out" with my fair share.

2. What kind of car did you drive? Are you kidding? I didn't get a car in high school! Actually my Dad did let me drive the Buick Skyhawk the last third of my senior year (after I finally got my license).

3. Did you pass your driver's license test the first time? Nope.

4. Were you a party animal? Nope. I preferred staying home and hanging out with the family when I wasn't gone doing something extra curricular.

5. Were you considered a flirt? Sure was.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Band & Choir. I played the clarinet from 5th grade on, but haven't picked it up in 12 years.

7. Were you a nerd? Of course not.

8. Did you ever get expended or expelled? Definitely not. My Dad was our school principal. I was on my best behavior at all times.

9. Can you still sing your fight song? Did we have one? I know we finally got a cheer when I was in junior high (it was a K-12 school). C-U-R-L-E-W, Curlew, Curlew, Curlew! Gay, I know.

10. Who were your favorite teachers? Mrs. Kaatz (6th grade, Spanish, Drillteam Coach), Mr. Paul (our awesome PE teacher who let you sit and tell him your woes if you brought him cookies), Mr. Barkley (who enjoyed talking more than teaching and let us do our math homework and tests at our own pace - which made for some LONG nights at the end of each semester), Mrs. Beal (3rd grade & home ec - she was just nice), and lastly Mrs. Davis (English, some History, PE, basketball coach - she just didn't take crap from anyone and she taught us well. I still remember the powerful lessons she taught us one semester when she had us play against each other as characters during the civil war - I was a northern moderate...how fitting.)

11. Where did you sit at lunch? Wherever. It was all about the food for me. We had the best school lunches ever! I still wish I could get their stromboli recipe.

12. What sports did you play? Volleyball, X-Country, Basketball, Softball & Drillteam.

13. Were you on any varsity teams? I usually played JV, or second string. I did get to play one game of varsity basketball my junior year, and I did make varsity softball my senior year. I LOVED softball, but I definitely wasn't the MVP. I always did AWESOME in practice, but scratched in the games due to nerves.

14. School mascot and colors? Cougars, Blue & White

15. Did you go to homecoming and who with? Hmm, I think I went with Joey K my sophomore year and I can't remember going my junior year. Senior year was with Joe B as friends.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? I loved elementry school and would do that again in a heartbeat. All of it. I especially loved the class parties and the Christmas program. However, I would not want to relive jr. high or high school, or college. Blech.

17. What do you remember most about graduation? The awesome after party that Gretchen threw for me. The food was amazing!

18. Where did you go on Senior Skip Day? I don't think we had a senior skip day. And I wasn't a skipper anyway. But we did take a "senior sneak" with the $$$ we earned all through high school and went to Lake Chelan, Seattle and Victoria BC for a week as a class of 23.

19. Were you in any clubs? Oh yes. Spirit Club (President my jr. year), Pep Band, Drama Club, The Knowledge Bowl Team. I think that's it.

20. Have you gained weight since then? Who hasn't?

21. Who was your prom date? David H, junior & senior.

22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? We didn't have one. We're all on myspace and no one wanted to plan one anyway.

23. Did you have a job while in high school? My sr. year I moved to Logan, UT for a semester and worked at Pizza Hut there. I couldn't stand it by December, so I moved back to Curlew, WA to finish out my final days there with my Dad, my little bro and my lifelong classmates. I did also babysit a lot for Gretchen.

I tag: anyone who wants to do this one!

3 comments:

  1. Hello there, Monika! I noticed the Maxfield's are on here and said "hi" to them, so now I will say "hello" to you. I asked Cathryn not long ago if she knew of any bloggers and all she could tell me was that Tracie did it. Now here are the rest of you. Blogging opens up a whole new world, especially for me cuz it's the only way people can get to know me, hence the shyness. Anyway, I found you through a girl I went to school with, Julie. Sorry, I'm just always checking out new blogs to find people I already know. Small world, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha!! I like the party animal question. Didn't you always say you preferred to stay home and do some canning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun...I didn't really like high school, so I might skip out on this one. But thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete