11/14/08

I'm Going Crazy!

I've always loved this poem written by Anne Campbell, talking about her child:

You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.

However, today I'm feeling pretty out of sorts and I'd like to pen my own (quite different) version. It doesn't follow any of the English lit rules, but oh well.

You are the reason the rag's in the sink.
I try to clean the kitchen, but it's starting to stink.
You are the cocoa that's stuck to the floor.
You just had to open your own packet
And cause my blood pressure to soar.
You are the run I did not take,
You wanted a treat, so cookies we did bake.
You are the nap that was interrupted,
Because you woke up early and wouldn't shush up-ed.
You are the project I may never finish.
I guess that's okay.
It would get ruined anyway.
You are the counseling I cannot afford.
I may be crazy, but after having children,
I'll never be bored!

4 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel sista! Love the poem. You may feel crazy but you still have your creativity and your wits about you enough to write a good poem!! Isn't that good news?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it - what a talented little sister. Sorry you're having such a hard time right now :( Love you sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is funny -and good. I need to come up with something like that. I am always looking at those my age who have 2 or 3 kids and are done and sigh. Oh, but someday, hopefully it pays off for making it to 5. You're doing good. My first two were 21 and a half months apart; Anna was almost my hardest out of the five(the odds were harder than the evens). So you gotta make it to 3(my easiest).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dear! I hope you don't mind that I laughed outloud. Save the poem, a million moms will laugh at it. It's not the kind that you hear on Mother's Day in church, but it does ring true. In the end, it will be just a laugh, and it will all be worth the trouble. You're a good little mom, as are our other girls! Mom/Dayle

    ReplyDelete