I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the people who made this miracle possible:
First, the people at Kinkos who were unable to copy my Mom's finished product to fabric back in 2002 when I attempted it. Secondly, my brother Sean, who loved this piece as much as I did and therefore changed my Mom's mind about giving the original to me. Thirdly, my sister Bri, who put a search out on Ebay and found me my very own unfinished kit someone had saved from back in 1981 (one of the many reasons for which I LOVE Ebay! By the way, Bri was able to find a second kit for herself as well). Fourthly, my Mom, who paid for the kit and so creatively gave it to me last Thanksgiving in a fun treasure hunt. And also for her hours she spent helping me to finish my own piece.
Yes it's taken me an entire year and I barely finished it last night. You had to stitch the popcorn, cranberries and snow, then stitch around each character and the border. Finally, you had to stretch the fabric over stretcher bars, sew on the rings, and cut the back open to individually stuff all the characters. I'm sooo not crafty, so it took me awhile. Anyway, it's all done and I can't wait to hang it December 1st! Jack has already assured me that hanging the candy canes each day will be a real treat.

Good job Monkey!! It looks awesome, you are such a fretter...the FRONT is all that matters. :) Love you! I'm proud of you for stuffing it so quickly! yay!
ReplyDeleteWOW - it's crazy to see that. I always thought there was ONLY ONE ... Grats on finishing it! Make sure and get us a pic of Dec 1st hanging the first one :)
ReplyDeleteoh how fun! you have more patienst than i do, that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteThis has been a fun thing to be a part of from learning how much you wanted one of your own to Bri and I looking online to find one--then surprising you with it a year ago, and now to help you stuff it and see the finished project. I hope little Jack and Halle will enjoy it as much as you did! Love you, Mom
ReplyDelete