11/3/08

My Quirks

This is for Bri, Stacey & Erin, who apparently don't know me very well. Shame on you.

#1 - I am a know-it-all. I know it all and I can't help myself from sharing it. I've gotten much better at not sharing secrets and personal info, but to my vast array of useless knowledge, flawless memory and such, whoever is standing around and invokes one of my thoughts, sorry, you're going to hear whatever comes to mind.

#2 - I'm very opinionated. Sometimes I hold them in, but most of the time, I will tell you what I think on the given subject. And, because I know everything, I am right and you are wrong.

#3 - I'm very prideful. On the rare occasion that I am wrong, or think about something long enough to consider I MAY be wrong, it is very hard for me to muster a sincere apology. But I can usually do so with the passing of some time. Sometimes minutes...sometimes days. I'm getting better at this though, and realizing that agreeing with your enemy is a great tactic.

#4 - I'm a workaholic. I don't think I have ADHD, but I rarely sit still or veg watching tv, etc. My Dad raised me with some great work ethic so I work hard, I work till it's done, and I rarely take naps or sit down (unless I'm on the computer!). Yes, this can be a good thing because I get a lot done, but I also have no balance when it comes to relaxation and resting. Therefore I'm often extremely tired at night and have a sore back. Maybe that's why I sleep so well.

#5 - I'm a clutter-free zone. That's right. I hate clutter. So, if there's anything laying around that we're not using, I sell it on ebay or give it away. So we do have a clutter-free home, but I'm often thinking to myself, "Hmm, where is that shirt, those shoes, or pan or whatever? I could really use it right now."

#6 - K, last but not least, this one's kinda gross. I think I produce an excessive amount of phlegm...or a testosteronal amount anyway. Dusty occasionally catches me in the bathroom hacking it up. On these lovely occasions he often exclaims, "Sorry fellas, she's taken!" It's become the joke of our marriage. Good thing he goes to work before I get ready in the morning so he doesn't have to witness this often. What a lucky guy.

Well that should knock me off your pedestal ladies. Now you can move on with your lives and realize that I leave laundry in the washer to mold for days just like the rest of you all. (And that's another quirk - I call it multi-tasking, but Dusty calls it scatter-brained.)

I tag: everyone on my blog reel!

5 comments:

  1. Not all of that is so bad. I would love to be a neat freak like you.(and I thought I was until I met you.) And your still on my pedestal and even though your younger than me, I will always look up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah sissy ... can I just copy yours and paste it on my page? Where DID we get that god-complex? Bet our husbands could get together and pin it down huh lol. Well I guess admitting it is supposed to be the first step - check, ... now what? Love you sister, and especially love your 'quirks'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That phlegm thing was news to me. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean you already knew about all the others, Jules? Am I that easy to pin down? Probably. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for correcting me on the spelling of phlegm. It didn't look right to me, but I was too lazy to dictionary.com it. You've saved me from embarassment (as it's now corrected in my post).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and Rie, thanks for the sweet words! And Nat, our quirks are the same huh! Ya, our husbands already do enjoy getting together and discussing our identical...mmm, "quirks" a little too much. We should keep them apart as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete